Flow-Volume Calibrator (FVC-3000): Details
The patented, digital Flow-Volume Calibrator® is the only portable means of calibrating and validating both flow and volume measurements of pulmonary function testing devices.
Air “flow” is the determining factor in the diagnosis of today’s two most predominant respiratory diseases; asthma and COPD. Yet, standard spirometry calibration devices can only accurately validate for volume! Recognizing this, the American Thoracic Society and the Social Security Disability standards now recommend checking spirometric linearity and flow rate accuracy by varying injection times of a standard 3-liter volumetric syringe at three different rates; 0.5 seconds, 6 seconds, and somewhere in between. Although this is an improvement over previous recommendations, it is an inaccurate and time-consuming approach requiring a stopwatch. As a consequence, very few people follow these recommendations.
The digital Flow-Volume Calibrator® surpasses these requirements by providing the ability to validate not only the FVC parameter, but also the FEV1, FEF 25-75, PEFR and instantaneous expiratory flow rates (FEF25, FEF50, and FEF75), as well as the FIVC. You can now verify the flow rate accuracy of your pulmonary function device from zero to twelve liters per second anywhere in the volumetric range of zero to three liters in digital increments of 1.5 milliliters!
- Powered by 9 volt battery, providing a cordless, easy-to-use design
- Large LCD screen displays FVC, FEV1, PEFR, FEF25, FEF50, FEF75, FEF25-75 and FIVC
· Manufactured from T6061 aircraft aluminum and clear anodized for maximum durability and lightness
· Tapered nose cone adapts to the widest range of fittings
· Volume accuracy of 0.5% or 15ml, meeting all recognized standards
· Dimensions: 4.25” (W) x 26” (L)
· Weight: 4.0 lbs.
· Warranty: 90 days parts and labor